Skill Level: K3 Intermediate
Gauge: 14 sts x 17 rows = 4”/10cm in St st.
Needles: Size: 11US/8mm circ needles & size 8US/5mm circ needle,
Notions: Waste yarn, JUS/6mm crochet hook
Fiber: ModeKnit ModeBulk
100% Superwash Merino
100 gr/ 106 yds
Color A – Sapphire 1 sk
Color B – Garnet 1 sk
Color C – Pewter 1 sk
Color D – Brazilianite 2 sk
Color E – Emerald 2 sk
Notes On Construction
As you move from vertical stripe to vertical stripe, be certain to twist the yarn strands to prevent holes. Divide the yarn into separate balls (4 in A, 2 in B, 4 in C, 2 in D, 2 in E) using separate yarn source for each vertical stripe.
- The plaid is worked as a repeating pattern of 4 rows on circular needles.
- Rows 1 & 2 are both Right Side Rows, rows 3 & 4 are both Wrong Side Rows.
- Odd rows are worked using all of the cast on colors, worked in St st.
- Even Rows are worked in a Contrasting Color (CC).
- Work a swatch to ‘try out’ the plaid technique!