The workhorse of our stable, we’re thrilled to announce ModeWerk in four weights
- Lace for, well, lacy projects
(approx 936 yd / 100gr skein, 100% Superwash Merino)
- Fingering for lighter projects
(approx 400 yd / 100gr sk, 80% SW Merino, 20% Nylon)
- DK for scarves, hats, mittens & similar projects
(approx 232 yd / 100gr sk, 100% SW Merino)
- Worsted/Aran weight for mid-weight sweaters
(approx 218 yd / 100gr sk, 100% SW Merino)
- Bulky for quick, heavy projects
(approx 106 yd / 100gr sk, 100% SW Merino)
A truly wonderful yarn; it’s strong, soft, beautiful to knit with (amazing stitch definition) and to top it all off, it machine washes and dries wonderfully!
Because it IS washable and so soft, it’s excellent for baby and children’s garments!
This is a wool yarn to convert folks to the beauty of easy-care, machine washable wool!
- Lace: Approx 36-44 sts = 4″/10cm using size 0 US/2mm needles.
- Fingering (4 ply): Approx 28 sts = 4″/10cm using size 1US/2.25mm needles.
- DK Weight: Approx 21–24 st = 4”/10cm using size 5/3.75mm needles.
- Worsted (10 ply): Approx 16 sts = 4″/10cm using 5-7US/3.75-4.5mm needles.
- Bulky: Approx 10 sts = 4″/10cm using 11US/8mm needles.
ModeWerk Yarns are products of the UK,
all weights are hand dyed in the USA (Minnesota!)